PokéLegends Gym Rules
Rules apply to both Gym Leaders & Challengers unless stated otherwise.
- Always follow /rules
- No bag items of any kind (Bag Clause)
- Follow Pokemon Limits [3 for Singles, 4 for Doubles also displayed in /gyms].
- A challenger may only use a Legendary/Mythical if the gym leader is using one (indicated by a green [L] next to the gym leader's name in /gyms) and only 1 Ultra Beast
- Only 1 mega allowed and primals count as your mega
- The Water, Fairy, Ground, and Flying gyms are double battle based and will be 4v4
- You cannot use the following moves: Destiny Bond, Dragon Rage, Sonic Boom, Steel Beam, Clangorous Soul, Skill Swap, or Z-Hypnosis.
- No Mega Rayquaza or Primal Groudon
- No Galarian Darmanitan
- You cannot use any Pokemon that does not have their ability coded. [Ask Staff if unsure].
- You must follow the following clauses in all battles: Baton Pass, Dynamax, Endless Battle, Evasion, Moody, OHKO, Sleep, Species [For more info Click Here].
- Gym Leaders may only use Pokémon whose form aligns with their gym type [using Mega Altaria in Fairy is allowed for example, but using it in Flying is not]
- Battle rules must be used of a Challenger's Pokémon is under leveled
- If your opponent, whether it is the Leader or the Challenger, disconnects or leaves unexpectedly during battle, wait a few minutes and do not heal or alter your Pokémon. If they rejoin, resume the battle from where you were. If they do not come back within 5 minutes then the challenge will be forfeit.
Elite 4 Rules:
- Always follow /rules
- Challengers are required to have all 18 badges
- The first team used to challenge the E4 MUST be used throughout the rest of the E4 until you lose (We will keep track)
- If you lose an E4 challenge you must wait 24 hours to re-challenge
- Battles will be 6v6 for all E4 and Champion battles
- All teams must be valid in the National Dex OU format
- If you are unsure about any pokemon ask a staff member so they may help you.
- E4 Fighting will be a dynamax E4 and E4 Psychic, Fire, Poison, and Champion will have mega evolution and no dynamax
- You must follow the following clauses in E4 Fighting: Mega Clause. [You must have obtained your own Dynamax band, you can only Dynamax one Pokemon per battle, and you may not Mega Evolve in this gym]
- No use of bag items in E4 and Champion battles
- All gym rules regarding banned moves, abilities, and pokemon still apply to the E4 and Champion battles
- All gym clauses still apply, other than dynamax clause in E4 Fighting
- Z-moves may not be used in the E4 Fighting battle
- Raise to cap may not be used
- Team preview must be turned on
- If your opponent, whether it is the Leader or the Challenger, disconnects unexpectedly during battle, wait a few minutes and do not heal or alter your Pokémon. If they rejoin, resume the battle from where you were
Challenger Exclusive Rules:
- Challengers must ALWAYS start the battle with the Pokémon thrown out first
- Challengers MAY NOT "borrow" another person's team for the sole purpose of defeating a gym. You must train your own Pokémon with your own movesets and strategies. If you’ve purchased a pokémon in a trade you may still challenge a gym as long as it follows the previous rules. Gym Leaders may still disqualify you if they feel you’re using a Pokémon/team that’s not yours. For example if you’re using the same team & strategy that a Gym Leader lost to the previous day, they may see fit to disqualify you
- Users aren't allowed to discuss leader's teams or strategies used to beat the gym teams, including Pokémon details
Gym Leader Exclusive Rules and Guidelines:
- Always be nice and welcoming to Challengers of your gym
- You may only use Pokemon that align with your gym type.
- Your Pokemon should be the exact level of the gym cap.
- Your team must be fully IV and EV trained (Your Pokemon should be Battle Ready)
- You’re only allowed to reject a Challenger with good reason, ask a staff member if you're unsure. If you apply for a Gym Leader position, you’re responsible for accepting battles. You may not frequently AFK as it detracts from everyone's experience
- Upon two weeks of inactivity your Gym Leader status will be revoked. If staff are notified beforehand an extra two weeks of grace period may be granted
Gym Leader Commands:
- /leader accept - accepts the most recent battle request
- /leader deny - denies the most recent battle request
- /leader give - gives your most recent opponent their badge
- /leader won - marks the most recent battle as a win (to track your win/loss stats)
- /leader legend [true/false] - indicates whether or not your party contains a legendary in /gyms
- /leader stats - view your win/loss ratio for each gym you're a leader of