PokéBrawl Gym Rules
Rules (all apply to both leaders and challengers):
- Always follow /rules
- No healing items
- 4 Pokémon max
- Challengers MUST wait an hour before challenging another gym leader (regardless of if they win or lose).
- Items focus sash and heavy-duty boots are limited to one of each per team.
- No Counter, Mirror Coat, Gear Up, Z-Hypnosis, Destiny Bond, Arena Trap, Power Construct, or Shadow Tag
- The following clauses must be followed: OHKO, Sleep, Moody, Baton Pass, Evasion and Dynamax
- Banlist: Gen7 ( https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/formats/uber/) and Gen8 (https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/formats/uber/) Ubers list +Magearna, Melmetal and Mega Blastoise (Only count the Pokemon section of the Uber pages)
- No using Pokémon/moves that are not intended to be in the game (i.e. from a glitch)
- Gym Leaders may only use Pokémon whose original form aligns with their gym type
- Challengers must ALWAYS start the battle with the Pokémon thrown out first
- All Gyms are Level 100. Any Pokemon below this level threshold will be automatically levelled up for the battle by the Battle Rules.
- If your opponent disconnects unexpectedly during battle, wait a few minutes and do not heal or alter your Pokémon. If they re-join, resume the battle from where you were
- Challengers MAY NOT "borrow" another person's team for the sole purpose of defeating a gym. You must train your own Pokémon with your own movesets and strategies. If you’ve purchased a Pokémon in a trade you may still challenge a gym as long as it follows the previous rules. Gym Leaders may still disqualify you if they feel you’re using a Pokémon/team that’s not yours. For example if you’re using the same team & strategy that a Gym Leader lost to the previous day, they may see fit to disqualify you
- No viewing the opponent's team by pressing U
- You may only win against each gym once per day
- No intentionally battling leaders for the achievement of ruining their win/loss ratio
- Temporary ban of Minior, Aegislash and Golisopod
- PB Gym Viability Sheet - https://bit.ly/3grDA7G
Elite 4 Additional Rules:
- Elite 4 is 6 Pokémon, instead of 4
- 2 Legendary Limit & 2 Ultra Beast Limit (1 Focus sash limit is still in place)
- Team Preview is on
- No use of bag items
Gym Leader Guidelines:
- Always be nice and welcoming to Challengers of your gym.
- Your Pokémon MUST be fully IV and EV trained.
- You’re only allowed to reject a Challenger with good reason, ask a staff member if you're unsure. If you apply for a Gym Leader position, you’re responsible for accepting battles. You may not frequently AFK as it detracts from everyone's experience.
- Upon one week of inactivity your Gym Leader status will be revoked. If staff are notified beforehand an extra two weeks of grace period may be granted.
- If you want to discuss a Gym Leader's application, please be constructive and only comment on their Pokémon team. Let character and behaviour be determined by staff.
- Gym Leaders may not request/ask players for gym battles.
- 3 gym leader positions per player.
Gym Leader Commands:
/leader accept - accepts the most recent battle request
/leader deny - denies the most recent battle request
/leader give - gives your most recent opponent their badge
/leader won - marks the most recent battle as a win (to track your win/loss stats)
/leader stats - view your win/loss ratio for each gym you're a leader of